Food Service Department
SUMMER FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM – MICHIGAN
Here is the link to summer feeding locations. MDE SUMMER FEEDING MAPS LINK
Welcome to the Food Service Department!
Dear Melvindale-Northern Allen Park Students, Parents & Guardians,
The food service department has been busy getting ready for the 2016-17 school year. We have important information about school meals to share with you.
- A healthy breakfast containing a choice of grains, protein, fruit and milk is available before school at Melvindale High School and Strong Middle School. Cost of breakfast is $1.25. Students participating in the free and reduced meal program will receive breakfast for free. At Allendale Elementary and Rogers Elementary Schools, breakfast is served in the classroom to all students for free.
- Lunch Price Increase. The cost of lunch for the 2016-17 school year is $2.65 at the elementary schools and $2.90 at the secondary schools. Students participating in the free and reduced meal program will receive lunch for free. The lunch menu is a four week cycle menu at all Melvindale NAP schools featuring a variety of healthy choices. A salad bar is available to students at Strong Middle School and Melvindale High School. The menu will go home with elementary students the first week of school. The menus can be downloaded from the MelNap Resource Library on our website at www.melnapschools.com/departments/food-service-department/.
- I.D. cards are mandatory and are used at the cafeteria register to record meals and deposits for students. I.D. cards help students get through the lunch line as quickly as possible. All students will receive an I.D. card. There is a $5.00 charge for replacing lost or damaged cards.
- At www.MyPaymentsPlus.com, parent can manage student’s lunch accounts, check balances and make payments to lunch account with no additional fee. Please see the back of this letter for more details.
- New this year, families can apply for the free and reduce lunch program online at https://foodservice.resa.net/Melvindale/onlineapps/. Completing the application online means no paper application needs to be turned into school.
- Finally, the free and reduced price meal application is included in this packet. Please fill out the application completely and return it to school as soon as possible, only one application per family. If you student received free and reduced meals in June in the Melvindale NAP district, this will continue till the end of September. A new lunch application must be submitted either online or turned into your students’ school for the processing in order for benefits to continue in October.
We are looking forward to a healthy and happy school year for all our students!
Martha J. Herringshaw, R.D.
Food Service Director
If your child receives a free/reduced lunch your family may qualify for internet service discounts from Comcast.