The Special Education Department, in partnership with parents, evaluates and provides students with special needs assistance and makes the necessary accommodations available to students with disabilities.
Any student attending a public or private school is eligible to be evaluated by the school district. In some cases, a child may need additional supports and/or services which are run by a neighboring school district in partnership with Melvindale-Northern Allen Park Public School and the Wayne Regional Educational Services Agency.
DISTRICT PROGRAM SERVICES
- Speech Services
- Cognitively Impaired (CI)
- Early Childhood Program (ECP)
- The Wayne RESA Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Classroom
- Program Case Manage Consultation and Resource Room Supports
- Transition to Post Secondary
MICHIGAN ALLIANCE FOR FAMILIES