Special Education Services
Welcome to the Melvindale Northern Allen Park Public Schools Special Education web page. The Special Education Department, in partnership with parents, evaluates and provides students with special needs assistance and makes the necessary accommodations available to students with disabilities.
Any student attending a public or private school is eligible to be evaluated by the school district. In some cases, a child may need additional supports and/or services which are run by a neighboring school district in partnership with Melvindale Northern Allen Park Public School and the Wayne Regional Educational Services Agency.
These programs are listed below.
- Speech Services
- Cognitively Impaired (CI)
- Early Childhood Program (ECP)
- The Wayne RESA Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Classroom
- Program Case Manage Consultation and Resource Room Supports
- Transition to Post Secondary
If a parent suspects that their child has a disability that interferes with learning, please contact your child's teacher, counselor or building principal. Call the special education office if you have questions or need more information please contact Denise Hester at 313-389-3303.
Suggested Parent Link :
- Wayne RESA Special Educationand Early Intervention Services: http://www.resa.net/curriculum/specialed/
- Center for Educational Networking: http://www.cenmi.org/
- Parents guide to Personal Curriculum for Student's with IEPs: Located in the Resource Library
- Learning Disability Information: Located in the Resource Library