1:1 Learning Plan FAQ
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A 1:1 TECHNOLOGY PLAN?
WHAT DEVICE WILL STUDENTS BE USING?
Melvindale-Northern Allen Park Schools students in grades K-12 are issued a Chromebook. Select high school students will be provided a Windows device based on specific courses they are enrolled in.
WHEN WILL THE STUDENTS RECEIVE THEIR DEVICE?
WILL STUDENTS TAKE THEIR DEVICES HOME WITH THEM?
WHAT ARE STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE 1:1 PROGRAM?
HOW ARE TEACHERS BEING TRAINED TO USE CHROMEBOOKS FOR INSTRUCTION?
WILL THE SCHOOL PROVIDE A CASE AND/OR ACCESSORIES FOR THE DEVICE?
HOW AND WHERE SHOULD THE DEVICE BE STORED/CARED FOR AT HOME?
WHAT ARE THINGS MY STUDENT SHOULD BE AWARE OF WHEN CHARGING THEIR CHROMEBOOK?
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE AND EXTRA CHROMEBOOK CHARGER?
- Dell Chromebook 13 Touch (3380) OEM 65-watt AC Power Adapter with USB Type-C Connector - 65 Watt - 2YK0F
- Dell Chromebook 11 (3120), (3180) OEM Laptop PA-12 65 Watt AC Power Adapter - 928G4 - K9TGR
- Dell Chromebook 11 (3100), (3100 2-in-1) OEM 45W USB-C Type C AC Adapter Charger Power Supply - 492-BBUU - 689C4
- Dell Latitude 3340 and 3350 OEM Laptop PA-12 65 Watt AC Power Adapter - 928G4 - K9TGR
- HP Chromebook 14 G3 AC Adapter Charger for HP Chromebook
- HP Envy 15-q258ca Laptop Notebook Ultrabook Battery Power Supply Cord Plug
District Policy FAQ
WHAT SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES WILL MY STUDENT BE EXPECTED FOLLOW?
HOW DO DISCIPLINARY CONSEQUENCES EXTEND BEYOND THE SCHOOL DAY AND OFF CAMPUS?
WHAT ARE THE SCHOOL'S DISCIPLINARY CONSEQUENCES FOR INAPPROPRIATE USE?
Internet and Wi-Fi FAQ
ARE THERE LOW-COST INTERNET OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR FAMILIES?
- COVID-19 Response: New customers who sign-up for Internet Essentials will receive 60 days of free internet service, increase speeds from 15/2 to 25/3, 40 hours of Xfinity Wifi hotspots per month and open on an unlimited basis.
- You may qualify if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others.
- Applicant must not have subscribed to Comcast's internet service within the last 90 days, have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment from within the past year.
- COVID-19 Response: No termination regardless of ability to pay, waive late payment fees due to inability to pay, and keep public wifi hotspots open for those who need them.
- Eligibility based on income and to households participating in National School Lunch Program/Head Start, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or food stamps) or that receive Supplemental Security Income (CA residents only).
- Applicant must be without outstanding debt for AT&T fixed Internet service within the last six months or outstanding debt incurred under this program.
HOW DO I CONNECT A CHROMEBOOK TO MY HOME WI-FI?
- Click on the WiFi signal meter to the left of the battery icon.
This will display a menu where you will see another signal meter.
- Click on that signal meter, then click on the name of your home WiFi network (also known as SSID).
- After selecting your WiFi network, you will have to enter your home WiFi passphrase.
- Reboot your Chromebook, you can do this by holding down the power button until the Chromebook powers down.
- Ask your parents to unplug your WiFi router for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. This clears your router’s memory and can fix many connection problems.
WHERE CAN I USE FREE LOCAL WI-FI?
HOW DOES THE INTERNET FILTER WORK OFF CAMPUS?
WHAT DO I DO IF MY STUDENT IS HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING TO OUR HOME WI-FI?
- Troubleshooting Steps
- How to Set Up Offline Mode
HOW CAN I CONTROL WHAT MY STUDENT ACCESSES ON THE INTERNET?
Parent Tools FAQ
HOW DO I LOGIN TO A PARENT/GUARDIAN ACCOUNT ON CLASS DOJO?
WHAT IS REMIND AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
HOW DO I RECEIVE MY LOGIN INFORMATION FOR MISTAR PARENT CONNECTION?
HOW CAN PARENTS/GUARDIANS VIEW THEIR STUDENT'S GOOGLE DRIVE?